Why are your costs so low?
We were founded by major hospital networks that understood the importance of saving money without sacrificing quality. Our association with the hospital networks allows us to offer our services to you at a discounted rate.
Medical Waste: What is it?
Regulated Medical Waste includes:
- Cultures and stocks of infectious agents
- Human and animal blood and body fluids
- Pathological waste (organs, tissues, etc.)
- Contaminated animal waste infectious to humans
Medical Waste: Why is it important?
Proper handling of Medical Waste helps to safeguard the public health by preventing human exposure to physical injury or contraction of communicable diseases, which may result from the improper management of potentially infectious medical waste.
When can you start picking up from my facility?
For all of the regions that we service, we can be there every 90 days. If you need a pickup sooner, call us at 269-329-3200.
Do you supply containers, bags, or boxes?
We supply US DOT Hazardous Waste Certified containers to include a red Rubbermaid tote or a corrugated box. We supply the red liner to go inside the 28 gallon container. We also offer Sharps containers for sale if you need them.
How large are the containers?
- The tote measures 18 x 18 x 23 and is 28 gallons, it can hold up to 50 pounds
- The corrugated box measures 18 x 18 x 24 and is 28 gallons, it can hold up to 50 pounds
- Smaller corrugated box is available which measures 12 x 12 x 24
How often do I need a pickup?
If you are in Michigan, the Department of Environmental Quality requires your waste to be picked up every 90 days.
If you are in Indiana, the state does not have a time limit on when your waste needs to be picked up.
If you are in Ohio, the state does not have a strict time line on when your waste is picked up, but if it reaches a putrescent state you need to have it picked up.
Do you provide documentation once my waste is disposed of?
Yes, the process is, we pick up your waste and provide a manifest for you to sign verifying the waste is within the guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Our transportation specialist takes the manifest with him and brings it back to our facility. Once the waste is destroyed, the manifest is signed and it is sent back to you for your records.
How do I schedule an extra pickup?
To schedule an extra pick up call us at 269-329-3200.
Do you pick up expired pharmaceuticals?
Yes, call us to find out more information.
What size Sharp Containers do you sell?
We sell 4 different sizes:
- 1.5 Quart – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- 3 Quart – 9 3/4″ x 6 1/2″ x 4″ – wall mountable only
- 5 Quart – 10″ x 8 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – wall mountable only
- 3 Gallon – 11 1/2″ x 12 3/4″ x 5 3/4″